Fitzgerald & Halliday, Inc. (FHI) is a team of planners, engineers, designers, scientists, GIS analysts, and administrative personnel dedicated to providing mobility planning, community planning, environmental services, and public involvement services. Now in our 31st year, and spanning multiple offices in exciting urban centers, we lead and partner on innovative projects across the Northeast and Mid-Atlantic. FHI’s core values guide all we do. We combine our technical planning skills with customized, highly-responsive client services. Our staff share a passion, energy, and commitment to improving our communities.
FHI is seeking an experienced Project Manager for transportation projects in our Mobility Service Line. The best candidate will have a passion for livable communities and safe, efficient, and equitable transportation options. Candidates should be experienced in a variety of disciplines, with emphasis on any combination of transit planning, transportation engineering, and bicycle/pedestrian and multi-modal planning. Successful candidates will also be strong communicators, comfortable and well-versed in innovative and comprehensive public outreach efforts to support our work.
We are looking for someone with 10 years minimum experience, project management experience, and a proven record of developing and implementing innovative transportation planning projects in a range of physical and institutional environments for public and private sector clients.
- Manage all aspects of Mobility projects both in and outside of NYC, including successful management of project budgets, schedules, and high-quality project delivery
- Lead transportation planning efforts including public transit operations, roadway design, pedestrian and bicycle facilities, etc.
- Author and manage the development of technical analyses, project reports, presentations, and other deliverables
- Lead a project team, exhibiting proficiency in public speaking and meeting facilitation for a variety of clients (federal, state, regional, municipal agencies/stakeholder groups)
- Collaborate with clients and agencies on project development and planning
- Digest complex and multifaceted concepts and direct graphic designers and project staff on development of effective communication tools including infographics, website content, presentations, etc.
- Lead business development efforts and proposal activities that includes guiding preparation of proposal and presentation materials
- Experience working with disenfranchised and traditionally under-represented populations
- Represent and uphold FHI’s core values of collaboration, innovation, and passion to enhance the communities in which we work
Desired Skills + Experience: :
- 10+ years experience in a business/consulting environment, city/regional/urban planning, civil engineering, or related field
- Bachelor’s Degree minimum
- Leadership and project management experience
- Business development experience
- Excellent communication skills with strong written, oral, editing, and analytical abilities
- Strong interpersonal skills; interested in working in dynamic, collaborative studio environment
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite; basic understanding of Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign) and visual graphic design a plus
- Functional abilities in AutoCAD, ArcGIS, SketchUp, or similar design tools (VISSIM experience a plus)
- Knowledge of innovative community engagement tools, including websites and a variety of survey instruments
- Background in the transportation industry, urban planning/design, land use, or related field a plus
- Willingness to attend evening meetings and travel on project-related business
- Multilingual ability an asset
- Valid Driver’s License
This is an excellent opportunity for a highly-motivated creative individual who welcomes working in a collaborative environment. FHI is proud to offer rewarding professional experiences with opportunities for professional development. Salary commensurate with experience.
Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or Claudia Massie, 416 Asylum Street, Hartford, CT 06103. Fitzgerald & Halliday, Inc. is an EEO/AA /VEV/Disabled employer.